Friday, November 26, 2010

New installation of Windows 7

Just installed Windows 7 on a brand new PC. I'd heard all the noise about it being really good and all. Well, I am now convinced it was just the "better than Vista" effect.
windows 7
So basically a windows version is considered "good" if a) it doesn't crash, b) it gives you a fake sense of security by asking you for permission to install any rubbish (but you don't need a password, so the arch enemy in my office could just abuse my coffee break), c) you can't do anything with it. After installing tens of Ubuntu boxes in the office, I had a shock when I installed Windows 7, forgot what it is like to be given an empty PC with just Spider Solitaire to keep you company (internet happened to be down)...
So Why Do You Get Windows In The First Place - some would ask, smirking... Sadly, games. I'll give them that, I still need my Window box at home for games (actually I blame the Game developers). Can't wait for the day where I can play New Vegas on Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment